How to join Moorcar
Insurance and eligibility for membership
- At least 21 years of age and not over 70 years. Drivers over 70 years will be referred to the insurers.
- hold a full EU driving licence holders, who have held their licence for a minimum of 24 months. Full licence holders from New Zealand, Australia, US and Canada. A full list of eligible countries is available at www.gov.uk/dvla
- Other non-EU licences must be referred to the insurers.
- have no more than one accident claim in the last THREE years
- no more than 6 penalty points
(If you have not been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle other than parking and up to two speed limit penalties in the last three years whose licence contains no more than 6 penalty points and no disqualification within the last five years. 'Spent' convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.)
- have not had insurance declined or cancelled or renewal refused.
- are not in occupations connected to gambling or betting;
- are not in the entertainment profession, including sportsmen and women
- anyone other than the person named on the declaration form
1/ Register on-line
This form is designed to allow you to choose a username and password. All the relevant information is then collated in one driver insurance declaration form.
The application requires Moorcar to collect your personal data, driving licence information and driving history. For UK drivers a new system is in operation by the DVLA to automate access to information about your recent driving record. You will be asked to contact the DVLA on a free online Share Driving Licence service. https://www.gov.uk/check-driving-information.
This enables you to download your own driving history to send/scan to Moorcar. You can also contact Moorcar with the personal access code supplied by the DVLA so that we can check and download your driving history.
Please read the terms and conditions for membership and then sign after printing off the form. Send a copy to Moorcar Woodstone Barn, Crammers Bridge, Chudleigh. TQ13 0DW with copies of your driving licence history downloaded from the DVLA website or the access code.
2/ Membership fees
Please refer to your local car club for the annual fees. Membership for Moorcar Car Club in Devon is £60 a year with a second member of the same household joining for only £30. Please pay by cheque made out to Moorcar. (Other car clubs hosted on the Moorcar Co-operative website have different fees so please refer to the locations for details.)
If you are joining Moorcar we also need a cheque for £100 (this is your returnable deposit to cover the accident excess). A household only needs to send one deposit. Please send this with your signed driver declaration form to:
Moorcar Woodstone Barn, Crammers Bridge, Chudleigh. TQ13 0DW
3/ Present your driving licence
Your local co-ordinator will need to see your actual licence. Members must have held a full licence for more than 24 months. Members are allowed 6 endorsement points on their licence.
Please send a copy of the licence front and back of a picture licenceand the signed application form to Moorcar Woodstone Barn, Crammers Bridge, Chudleigh. TQ13 0DW